Check out our tour details and click on the book now button below to join us!
Enjoy a truly mesmerizing experience while surrounded by the nature of Andes!
Visit the place that gave origin to the Legend of El Dorado and take the most amazing pictures in a house where everything is backwards!
On this nature trip, at 3,100 meters above sea level, we will visit what was the sacred lagoon for the indigenous people, the Muiscas, known for being the original inhabitants of Bogotá.
Located just a short distance from Bogotá, the lagoon is situated in a stunning natural setting surrounded by mountains and greenery. On the way there, you’ll love the scenic drive through the Andean mountains, where you can enjoy breathtaking views of the countryside.
There, according to the legend, the Muisca people practiced ceremonies by throwing gold objects with precious stones into the Guatavita Lagoon. However, once the Spaniards heard about the ritual, the story traveled all around the world and became the promised land for many Europeans that arrived to the place looking for the gold.
Even though the gold was stolen, the legend survived and nowadays, you can hike to the top of the Lagoon to admire the best view of the valleys that protect the area.
After this great visit, we’ll go to a new popular tourist attraction that will play with your mind: La Casa Loca. It is an inclined construction that, based on optical illusions, will give you a perfect fun moment for your photos.
Finally, you will return to Bogotá, feeling enriched by the experience and the knowledge gained about the indigenous cultures and their relationship with nature. A tour to the Guatavita Lagoon is a must-do for those who love nature, history, and culture.
We pick you up at your hotel/hostel
*You must make your reservation no later than 8pm (20h) the day before the date of your Tour request.
We take you back to your hotel/hostel
Schedule: From Tuesday to Sunday at 08:00
Duration: 8 hours
Language: English & Spanish
- The Muiscas and how their traditions have survived through the stories told by our ancestors.
- The meaning behind the gold as a spiritual gift from the earth, not as currency.
- How El Dorado legend was created, what happened to it, and the current state of the lake, still a magical place.
- The gold piece, available in the Gold Museum, proves and keeps alive the legend that many other countries take as their own.
- And so much more!
- Water or your preferred form of hydration (in reusable bottles or glass bottles, not single use plastic, otherwise the access to the lake won’t be possible). You’ll be hiking in Guatavita, so you may feel thirsty.
- Comfortable shoes. You’ll walk about 1.5 km while also making some stops to appreciate the destination.
- Comfortable clothes. No pressure to look amazing, feel free to wear what makes you feel better.
- Keep your friends close, and your belongings even closer. The top of the lake can be full of people from time to time, so don’t give papaya!
*This is a shared tour available only on demand with a minimum of 2 people. If you are only 1 person, fill out the Form below and wait for our Booking Manager reply to let you know if we already have an existing group tour that you can join.
- Shared private transportation from and to your hotel/hostel.
- Driver/guide to show you the best landscapes on the way.
- Entrance Ticket to Guatavita Lagoon
- Entrance tickets to La Casa Loca
- Guided Tour Inside Guatavita Lagoon (Spanish only).
- Tour inside Casa Loca.
If you are a group of more than 4 people or if you want to take a private experience of this tour, let us guide you through this experience with an exclusive tour guide. Click the following button and request your personalized tour.
Once you send your request, please check your email for our confirmation and further instructions to enjoy your vacations to the fullest!
Do you want to live other experiences in Bogotá or its surroundings?
Take a look at the other experiences you can have during your stay in the city. Make the most of your time with our Full Day or Half Day Tours, Nature and Landscapes, History and Culture or Nightlife and Party!
Zipaquira Salt Cathedral and Guatavita Lake Day Tour
Tuesday - Sunday at 08:00
$360.000 COP COP
Ciudad Bolivar Transmicable Social & Art Tour
Monday - Sunday at 08:00
Zipaquira Salt Cathedral & Andres Carne de Res in Chia
Monday - Sunday at 14:00